Put your best foot forward with the UK’s only bifonazole-based athlete’s foot treatment from Canesten
The good news is that a convenient treatment is now available. Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily Cream contains the unique active ingredient, bifonazole, which penetrates deeply into the skin and keeps working for 36-48 hours1. It only needs to be applied once a day for two-three weeks and is recommended to treat all types of athlete’s foot without inflammation.
Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily Cream is easy to use and gets directly to the root cause of the condition. The treatment complements the long established Canesten athlete’s foot portfolio consisting of Canesten AF Dual Action Cream (clotrimazole) and Canesten Hydrocortisone Cream (clotrimazole and hydrocortisone) for athlete’s foot with inflammation.
So if you are suffering from athlete’s foot and you want to learn more about this convenient yet effective treatment, visit your local pharmacy or log onto www.canesten.co.uk for more information. You will also be able to find Canesten Bifonazole Once Daily Cream on supermarket pharmacy shelves. Get ready, get set… GO!
Andrea Postles, Bayer, Tel. 01635 563 031 E-Mail: email@example.com
Samantha Maskill, IncrediBull PR, Tel. 0 20 7078 8535 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Throssell, IncrediBull PR, Tel. 0 20 7078 8532 Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
1. Gupta AK, Cooper EA. Update in antifungal therapy of dermatophytosis. Mycopathologia 2008: 166:353-67 2. www.canesten.co.uk
About Bifonazole AF treatment
• For all types of AF without inflammation
• 1 x daily for 2-3 weeks • Cream format (20g)
• RRP £5.49: Premium offering for consumers who want a faster, more convenient solution About AF
• Symptoms include: Itchy toes, flaky/peeling skin, cracked skin, soreness of the skin, redness of the skin, itchy feet, smelly feet and bleeding
About Other Canesten athlete’s foot treatments Canesten bifonazole treatment is a premium offering that complements the exisiting range of athlete’s foot treatments in the range:
• Canesten AF Dual Action Cream: a soothing and effective treatment which eradicates athlete's foot. It contains an anti-fungal that works at the root of the problem and also has anti-bacterial properties. This gives the secondary benefit of helping to kill certain bacteria which may cause the feet to smell. Contains Clotrimazole
• Canesten Hydrocortisone: can be applied directly to the inflamed area, providing cooling relief almost instantly and therefore relieving the symptoms of sweat rash. It is the only product you can buy which has the dual-action of clotrimazole with hydrocortisone to eliminate sweat rash. It contains an anti-fungal that works at the root of the problem (Candida), plus hydrocortisone to soothe the symptoms fast
• Canesten AF Dual Action Spray: a convenient cooling spray which eradicates athlete's foot. It is an ideal format for reaching those difficult to reach areas. Contains Clotrimazole
About Bayer HealthCare
The Bayer Group is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials. Bayer HealthCare, a subgroup of Bayer AG with annual sales of EUR 17.2 billion (2011), is one of the world’s leading, innovative companies in the healthcare and medical products industry and is based in Leverkusen, Germany. The company combines the global activities of the Animal Health, Consumer Care, Medical Care and Pharmaceuticals divisions. Bayer HealthCare’s aim is to discover and manufacture products that will improve human and animal health worldwide. Bayer HealthCare has a global workforce of 55.700 employees (Dec 31, 2011) and is represented in more than 100 countries.
Bayer: Science For A Better Life
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials. The company’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time Bayer creates value through innovation, growth and high earning power. The Group is committed to the principles of sustainable development and to its role as a socially and ethically responsible corporate citizen. Economy, ecology and social responsibility are corporate policy objectives of equal rank. Globally, in fiscal 2011, Bayer employed more than 112,000 people and had sales of €36.5 billion. Capital expenditures amounted to €1.7 billion, R&D expenses to €2.9 billion. For more information, go to www.bayer.com
Bayer’s office in the UK and Ireland are located in Newbury (head office), Cambridge, Uxbridge and Dublin. For more information, go to www.bayer.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/BayerUkIreland
Follow us on YouTube at: www.youtube.com/BayerUKIre
This release may contain forward-looking statements based on current assumptions and forecasts made by Bayer Group or subgroup management. Various known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors could lead to material differences between the actual future results, financial situation, development or performance of the company and the estimates given here. These factors include those discussed in Bayer’s public reports which are available on the Bayer website at www.bayer.com. The company assumes no liability whatsoever to update these forward-looking statements or to conform them to future events or developments.