British Science Week competition
As part of British Science Week 9- 18 March 2018, Bayer is launching their first lab coat competition. Baylab is giving schools the chance to win a set of lab coats for their science classes.
To be in with a chance of winning, all students need to do is design a lab coat that illustrates what science means to them. This could be illustrations of their favourite science topics, science that affects life on our planet or anything else that makes you think of science and the bigger picture. The more creative, the better!
Who can enter?
All schools are eligible, but entries must be within the age categories below. Entrants can be teams or individuals and we encourage you to run this activity in larger groups, selecting the top 5 from your school. Winners and runners up will be selected from each category.
- Infant Year 1-2
- Junior Year 2-6
- Senior Year 7 – 9
In addition to schools we also welcome entries from other organisations such as youth groups.
How do my school enter?
- Simply register your school by filling in your details on our registration form below
- On Friday 23rd February a copy of our “design a lab coat worksheet” will be emailed to the email address provided
- Print off as many copies for your school as necessary
- Students design their lab coats on the printouts provided – remember, designs can be as creative and elaborate as you wish
- Teachers to judge and send in their 5 best designs to Bayer PLC, Lab coat competition, Baylab, 400 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, RG26AD
- Closing date for entries is Friday 13th April 2018
The winning design will be awarded a life size cut out of their lab coat as well as a class set of lab coats for their school. Prizes for runners up will also be available.
For any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org