Lab coat competition 2020 now open
Last academic year Bayer celebrated another successful year of its Design a Lab Coat Competition which saw over 32 000 students taking part. We are now welcoming registrations for the Design a Lab Coat competition 2020.
The competition, which will be a part of British Science Week 2020 invites pupils at infant, primary and senior levels to come up with a new design for a science labcoat, illustrating what science means to them.
A set of brand new lab coats for their school, as well as all sorts of Baylab goodies for our three winners.
Who can enter?
All schools are eligible, but entries must be within the age categories below. Entrants can be teams or individuals and we encourage you to run this activity in larger groups, selecting the top 5 from your school. Winners and runners up will be selected from each category.
Infant Year 1-2
Junior Year 3-6
Senior Year 7-9
In addition to schools we also welcome entries from other organisations such as youth groups.
How does my school enter?
1. Simply register your school/youth group by filling in your details on our registration form, found at our website www.bayer.co.uk/en/baylab or by clicking the link here
2. On Friday 24th February a copy of our “design a lab coat worksheet” will be emailed to the email address provided
3. Print off as many copies for your school/youth group as necessary
4. Students design their lab coats on the printouts provided – remember, designs can be as creative and elaborate as you wish
5. Teachers to judge and send in their 5 best designs to; Bayer PLC, Lab coat competition, Baylab, 400 South Oak Way, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6AD
6. Closing date for entries is Friday 24th April 2020. The winning design will be awarded a life size cut out of their lab coat as well as a class set of lab coats for their school/youth group. Prizes for runners up will also be available. For any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org