Bayer is committed to ensuring that the relationship between animals and humans remains positive, to protect animals and benefit people. As one of the world’s largest suppliers of veterinary medicinal products, we offer pet owners, veterinarians and farmers a wide range of animal health products for use in household pets and livestock.
The role animals play in our lives is growing in significance, and as humans and animals live closer together, it has become more necessary to protect humans from the transmission of disease pathogens. Bayer has secured a leadership position in researching and developing products for animal health and pest control since 1919, and we are constantly developing new products and improved forms of administration for the benefit of the animals in our lives.
Our product range has been developed through Bayer's own research and development programmes, specialising in infectious disease and parasite protection for animals.
• Comprehensive parasite treatments for companion animals, available in tablet, spot-on and collar formulations
• Innovative products that repel ticks before they can bite, reducing the risk of transmission of diseases which they may transmit
• A ground-breaking antimicrobial product used to treat bacterial diseases in dogs, cats and exotic animals (small mammals, reptiles and birds), as well as cattle, pigs and certain classes of poultry.
Please note that all product information on this website relates only to non-prescription products with marketing authorisations in the UK and Ireland. We also offer a range of prescription products available through the veterinary channel. For more information about these products, please contact your vet.
To find out more about some of our campaigns, please read the further information available below or speak to your vet:
A collar like no other, Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar provides long-lasting protection against fleas and ticks for up to eight months. It works by releasing its active ingredients in controlled, low doses, allowing your dog to stay protected against fleas and ticks for up to eight months at a time.
Odourless and water-resistant, Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar for dogs is the simple way to keep your best friend protected for longer.
Its mode of action means it kills fleas through contact and repels and kills ticks, so these parasites don't have to bite in order to be killed.+* This means less discomfort for your dog, and also reduces the risk of these parasites transmitting disease, giving you peace of mind that your dog is well protected.
Lungworm Can Be Fatal To Dogs. But It Can Be Prevented
The lungworm, Angiostrongylus vasorum, is a parasite that can cause serious health problems in dogs, and can be fatal if not diagnosed and treated. Preventative products are available and with monthly use prevention is easy to achieve. Speak to your vet or click here for more information.
Bayer’s Advantage flea treatment and Drontal worming tablets are clinically proven to treat and prevent flea infestations and treat all types of intestinal worms commonly found in UK cats and dogs. Dronspot is clinically proven to treat all types of intestinal worms commonly found in the UK cats.
- Advantage is a fast, effective topical treatment to protect your pet and home against fleas.
- Drontal is the wormer that kills every type of intestinal worm commonly found in UK cats and dogs. Available in a tasty bone formulation for dogs, a tablet formulation for cats, and an oral suspension for puppies.
- Dronspot works fast to fight intestinal worms. It kills every type of intestinal worm commonly found in UK cats, helping your furry feline get back to their adventures in no time. Available over the counter as a spot-on formulation, Dronspot provides fuss-free worming for your cat.
My Pet and I is a one-stop online magazine for new or experienced dog and cat owners who are seeking trustworthy, accurate health and wellness guidance for their pets. We’ve got all the information you need, from hard facts and cutting-edge science to amusing anecdotes and inspirational videos, all delivered in a clear and entertaining style.
My Pet and I is the only online pet owner magazine from a leading life science brand that’s devoted to happy, healthy pets. We want to be the partner you trust with all the questions, big and small, about your cat or dog.
Bayer Animal Health has developed My Pet and I with a team of veterinarians, animal scientists, pet owners and journalists, combining a love of pets and fact-checked science to deliver health and wellness guidance that both entertains and informs. With our long heritage in animal health, we at Bayer know what makes our pets happy, and we know what keeps them healthy.
Bayer Vet Centre is a dedicated resource for Veterinary Professionals who use Bayer Animal Health Products. The Bayer Vet Centre provides access to marketing resources and business support tools, and helps you keep up to date with Bayer activities and campaigns.
Tracer® is a microchip implanted for the permanent identification of animals. It’s easy to have your pet microchipped and it’s the responsible thing to do (by law, all puppies must be microchipped by the age of eight weeks). Having your pet fitted with a Tracer® Advance microchip means you have the best chance of being reunited with your pet if they go missing.
Click here to find a local vet practice who can microchip your pet.
Other links of interest:
+Mehlhorn et al. Parasitol Res (2001) 87:198-207, information is regarding mode of action and is not intended to relate to speed of kill or to imply parasites can be completely stopped from biting.
* An attachment of single ticks after treatment cannot be excluded; for this reason, a transmission of infectious diseases cannot be completely excluded if conditions are unfavourable.