Each one of our employees contribute to the success of our business. Our culture of trust and empowerment means that our people have a voice and are inspired to be the best they can be.
• take ownership of their decisions
• are eager for a challenge
• are passionate about innovating
• act in a sustainable way
Our corporate culture is built on our LIFE values, which are firmly anchored within our company and provide us with guidance in our daily work. LIFE stands for Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility and Efficiency. Everything we do is aligned with these values.
Be You, Be Bayer
The way we invest in our people is represented in our employer brand promise which supports the three pillars of our employee value proposition where everyone is encouraged through:
• a purposeful challenge
• the opportunity to build a career
• respect for the individual to Be You @ Bayer
It is these attributes that have established our reputation in the UK as an employer of choice and one of the strongest markets globally for finding talent.
Inclusion and diversity
Bayer values the power of inclusion and diversity as a way of recognising and embracing differences in gender, ethnicity, disability and sexual orientation to deliver our vision of health for all, hunger for none. It is this diversity of thought and experience that brings us closer to the patient, consumer and patient communities we serve.
How Bayer UKI cares for its people
• Drawing on our experience of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have defined a new model for flexible ways of working through our Build Back Better initiative.
• We prioritise the health and wellbeing of our employees – for example, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, health and wellbeing advice, regular health and wellbeing events delivered by experts etc.
• Our Menopause Policy sets out a range of support available to those employees who may be experiencing peri-menopausal and menopausal symptoms.
How Bayer UKI cares for communities and society
• Employee volunteering and fundraising initiatives
• Donation of consumer health products to NHS Services across the UK as part of our Covid-19 response to support frontline workers.
• Corporate sponsorships
• Donations and grants
• Joint working partnerships
We do the right thing in all our business dealings and we comply with all laws. This can be seen in the following areas:
• Gender Pay Gap reporting
• Data disclosure through the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) Disclosure Code.
• Memberships of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), the European Medicines Group (EMG) and the Confederation of British Industry (CBI).
We are a good corporate citizen, taking an active role in building STEM awareness and education in the UK, supporting our local communities and helping young people to realise their full potential by promoting the possibilities of a career in life science.
Inspiring the next generation of young scientists through Baylab UK
Since its launch in 2017, Baylab UK, based at Green Park, Reading, is a free laboratory for schools. Covering key stages 2-5, it offers students state of the art equipment, intriguing experiments, and the chance to use innovative ideas to solve tasks and develop solutions. It runs an annual lab coat competition, part of British Science Week, inviting pupils to come up with a new design for a science lab coat, illustrating what science means to them. Schools can also apply to our travel grant scheme which provides grants to eligible schools of up to £500 to put towards the cost of travel.
Bayer’s award-winning apprenticeship and graduate schemes in the UK
Our continued commitment to the Bayer UK Apprenticeship Scheme, formed in 2013, saw Bayer UK voted Large Employer of the Year in the 2021 West Berkshire Training Consortium (WBTC) Rising Stars Awards. The scheme gives young people hands on experience and a chance to develop new skills while earning a competitive salary and working towards recognised qualifications. Since 2013, 33 apprentices have successfully completed the 15-18 month programme at Bayer.
If you are interested in exploring a career at Bayer - in the UK or Ireland, visit our Careers page.